As the holiday break quickly approaches we know it can be a difficult time for many, including those without family or friends nearby. Burnout from work and school, especially being away from home during COVID-19, can take a toll that we sometimes don’t recognize right away. Now more than ever, taking care of yourself and having the resources to do so is incredibly important.
Having the courage to reach out is a sign of strength.
We would like to remind all students of the resources available to them in a situation of crisis or if you are looking to speak with someone. Even if you are not experiencing thoughts of suicide, reaching out to and finding a resource specific to your needs is a great and healthy way to feel better while improving your mental health.
If you require immediate help, please dial ‘9-1-1’.
Are you or a friend in crisis?
- Canada Suicide Prevention Centre (24/7/365 days)
- Call: 1-833-456-4566
- Text: 45645
- Visit: https://www.crisisservicescanada.ca/en/
- International Association for Suicide Prevention (Connect with crisis centres and helplines in over 50 countries)
- Suicide Hotlines – Hotlines in Canada and around the world
- Checkpoint – Global Mental Health Resources (Local Websites and Emergency Contact Numbers)
- The Trevor Project – Resources for LGBTQ2S+ Youth
- Decolonizing Therapy – Mental Health Resource Database for Members of the BIPOC Community
- The Safe Place App – Mental Health and Self-Care App Geared Toward the Black Community
- The Meditate App – Meditation App Designed to Address Needs and Experiences by Members of the BIPOC Community
- POC Online Classroom – Tips and Resources on Self-Care, Mental Health care and Healing for People of Colour
- Crisis Services Canada – Various Resources for Marginalized Communities and Allies
- The Lifeline Canada Foundation (E-Counselling)
- Tao (Therapy Assistance Online)
- BC – Crisis Line Association of BC
- NWT – Crisis Lines
- YT – CMHA Yukon Support Lines
- NU – Kamatsiaqtut Help Line
- AB – Alberta Health Services Mental Health Help Line
- SK – Sask First Responders Mental Health
- MB – Province-Wide Crisis Lines
- ON – Good2Talk – Crisis Chat Services
- QC – Listening Services
- QC – Crisis Intervention
- NB – Horizon Health Network Addictions and Mental Health Services
- NS – Good2Talk – Crisis Chat Services
- PEI – CMHA PEI Support Lines
- NL – Eastern Health Mental Health Over The Phone
- Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Disability Rights International
- World Federation For Mental Health