The Canadian Federation of Students seeks a paid Summer Intern to assist with the Federation’s International student Identity Card (ISIC) Program. The Intern will be responsible for receiving and processing online card orders, responding to inquiries, developing benefits and planning communications strategies for 2017-18.
The Canadian Federation of Students represents more than 500,000 college and university students from over 80 students’ unions across Canada. The Canadian Federation of Students was formed in 1981 to provide students with an effective and united voice, provincially and nationally and to provide cost-saving services to its members. For more information, please visit: www.cfs-fcee.ca
Type: 4 month contract, 35 hours per week
Start date: May 1, 2017 (or later)
Salary: $18.50 per hour
Sales and Order Processing:
- Production and distribution of International Student Identity Cards (ISIC);
- Responding to inquiries from students in person, by phone and by email;
- Operating card production software and online storefront site via Shopify;
- Maintaining records and utilizing the office filing system; and
- Coordinating shipping and delivery services.
- Work with other staff to develop the benefits portfolio of ISIC in Canada;
- Identify prospective benefits partners and develop roadmaps to benefits; and
- Record benefits with the ISIC Global Office and ensure compliance with the Benefits Manager
Marketing and Communications:
- Assist with developing a strong marketing plan for ISIC distribution in Canada;
- Maintain a social media profile for ISIC Canada across a variety of platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- Assist with developing marketing materials (print and online); and
- Assist with developing content for ISICCanada.ca.
General Office Work:
- Assist with the effective operations and organization of the ISIC program; and
- Assist with other duties as required.
- Current knowledge of the Canadian Federation of Students and services provided to students across the country through the Federation;
- Familiarity with the International Student Identity Card;
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and the Office Suite;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud is an asset;
- Ability to meet deadlines and a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work well and remain professional and friendly under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively promote the ISIC program and CFS-Services;
- Experience working within an anti-oppression framework;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment; and
- Bilingualism is an asset
The Canadian Federation of Students is an employment equity employer. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women.
Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified.
Submit applications to email@example.com
Multiple jobs may be posted, please use the following subject line: “Application: ISIC Summer Intern”
Deadline for Application: April 21, 2017