The Canadian Federation of Students is seeking a paid Summer Intern to assist with the Federation’s campaigns and advocacy work. The Intern will be responsible for assisting in the development of campaigns, distribution of campaign materials and conducting membership outreach.
The Canadian Federation of Students represents more than 650,000 college and university students from over 80 students’ unions across Canada. The Canadian Federation of Students was formed in 1981 to provide students with an effective and united voice, provincially and nationally and to provide cost-saving services to its members. For more information, please visit: www.cfs-fcee.ca
Type: 4 month contract, 35 hours per week
Start date: May 8, 2017 (or later)
Salary: $18.50 per hour
The responsibilities of the Campaigns Summer Intern include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with organizing the Federation’s national campaigns including the development of materials and promotion of campaigns through various online platforms.
- Support the logistical aspects of the campaigns including campaign material distribution.
- Assist with promoting the campaigns on social media and monitoring social media response.
- Assist with production of regular campaigns updates to member local students’ unions.
- Conduct membership outreach.
- Assist with other office work as assigned.
- Some post-secondary education;
- Experience in the student movement in Canada;
- A good understanding of the Federation’s mission, principles, campaigns and goals
- Experience working within a anti-oppression framework
- Good organizing, promotional and communications skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and a strong attention to detail;
- Bilingualism is an asset
The Canadian Federation of Students is an employment equity employer. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women.
Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified.
Submit applications through Charity Village at the following link:
Deadline for Application: April 28, 2017